Keynote Speaker Announcement!
We are excited to announce that Emily Ong from Girls Who Code will be the 2022 MNCodes Virtual Summit keynote speaker!
Join us to hear Emily share about “Building an Equitable Future: How Leaders Use Code to Inspire Bravery and Resilience”.
Click here to read more about Emily’s work and interests.
The MNCodes Virtual CS Ed Summit, co-hosted by Code Savvy and CSTA-MN, is happening virtually on Saturday, May 14, 2022! With this year’s virtual summit format, we hope to connect educators from all over in meaningful conversations about Computer Science education. For the first time ever, we are offering free Summit registration to anyone who is interested in attending!
Join us for interactive sessions that explore ways to empower all learners through computer science and coding education, with topics such as:
- Exploring Historical Narratives of Computer Science to Break Gender Stereotypes
- CS in Elementary: Exist/Enhance/Extend. Activities, ideas, and resources
- Essential Equity-Focused Holistic Practices for Developing Your Coding Programs
- Exploring Scratch from a Tool to a Philosophy
Be sure to also watch for the pre-recorded poster sessions on topics such as:
- Engage with SDGs and the micro:bit
- The ABCs Of A PLC Book Study To Align And Deepen Computer Science Instruction
- Intro to HTML
- Creating Engaging CS Curriculum with Coding Rooms
Registration is FREE, and open now. Click here to register!
Spread the word with your friends, colleagues, and professional networks. We look forward to seeing you at the 2022 MNCodes Virtual CS Ed Summit!